Confidence boils down to the image you have of yourself!
People often say, when someone else loves me, then I’ll feel confident… unfortunately this is the incorrect sequence of events. If you are confident, people will find it a lot easier to love you. Think about it, how can someone possibly love you if you don’t love yourself? So that’s where we must begin, reprogramming ourselves to see the good in ourselves.
I have the privilege of working with many executives, most of them are also entrepreneurs, highly successful and have everything anyone would want… yet they still don’t feel good about themselves. I often ask people in this situation, what do you love about yourself? This is usually followed by 30 seconds of silence as they try find just one thing about themselves that they love.
5 ways to build your confidence
- Increase positive self-talk. In the end, our opinion of ourselves is what truly matters. Be a bit kinder to yourself. Remind yourself of your achievements. Every night before bed, ask, what did I do today that made the world a better place?
- Sharing your achievements with friends. Friends are such a great source of good energy and when you share with them something that you are proud of they will quickly make you feel even better about yourself.
- Make a list of 10 things you love about yourself and put it somewhere where you’ll see it every day. You will begin to stack the positive emotions each day and give yourself a reminder that you are great.
- Challenge yourself to do things that you are not necessarily good at. At first it may be hard because you won’t succeed but as you overcome challenges you feel stronger and more equipped to take on other challenges.
- Surround yourself with positive people. There is a saying that goes, you become like the people you spend time with.
And lastly, remember, you are blessed and highly favoured, loved and highly admired, appreciated and beautiful.
For more similar videos go to www.laurensboel.com.